COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
last updated: February 2, 2021
Your safety and well-being as well as the safety of our employees and clients is always our priority and of the utmost importance to us at Teklar. During this critical time, we are actively monitoring the COVID-19 / Coronavirus situation and taking steps to help keep our communities safe.
Our Covid-19 plan includes:
Aligning with public health authorities
We are closely monitoring updates from the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) regarding COVID-19. We will continue to seek guidance from these agencies, public health officials and government agencies on an ongoing basis.
Protecting our employees and clients
As our employees interact with clients and the general public, we have taken steps to limit exposure to the virus. We have put restrictions on travel, are postponing attending large-scale events, limiting the size of meetings, providing remote-work solutions when able, and continue to reinforce safe behavior in every environment – from client’s business sites to our offices. Additionally, we have protocols in place that activate closures, disinfection and appropriate quarantine procedures based on recommendations by government and health agencies.
Our staff is required to wash their hands with soap for at least 30 seconds or use an alcohol based sanitizer:
- Upon arriving at any site and/or upon entering any vehicle.
- After every meeting or huddle regardless of who is present or how long or frequent the interaction.
- After returning to work from all breaks.
- Upon leaving work each day.
- Upon request from any employee or manager or client.
All, of our employees have been provided with the proper PPE including company masks. Our team is required to enter all sites wearing their mask and will keep them on as required by the client/site.
Assisting our employees and associates
We are in continuous communication with our employees and associates reminding them about the importance of good hygiene, providing them with health education and support whenever needed. Team members who feel ill have been told to not report to work and we have specific quarantine and communication procedures in place should a team member be diagnosed with COVID-19 or is asked to self isolate by a public health authority. Given this policy, schedules may change abruptly and without notice due to staff shortages.
The following are preventive actions recommended by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, and wash your hands immediately.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- The CDC does not recommend that people where a Facebook to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19. Facemasks should be used by people showing COVID-19 symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Teklar will continue to monitor reports and requirements from the CDC and local, provincial, and federal governments.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we navigate these unique times.
The Teklar Team